Meet Sally Lieber
A candidate for the State Senate, Sally Lieber is a
proven leader with the vision and courage to take
on the tough issues affecting our community, and
is effective in getting real results.
Fighting for Economic Equality
During her tenure in the California State Assembly,
Sally Lieber achieved major victories that increased
educational and economic opportunities. Sally
authored or co-authored laws that:
• Increased California’s minimum wage;
• Expanded Cal Grants for college students; and
• Increased supportive housing and housing for low
Protecting Victims and Survivors of Crime
Sally Lieber achieved major victories in the California State Assembly, that protected victims and survivors of crime, by authoring or co-authoring laws that:
• Made human trafficking a felony in California (first state in the nation to do so);
• Established the Sexual Assault Victim’s Bill of Rights;
• Expanded the California Assault Weapons Ban;
• Extended courtroom protections for the developmentally disabled and cognitively impaired victims of crime; and
• Banned the use of the ‘panic defense’ in hate crimes cases.
Protecting the Environment
Sally Lieber has been an environmental champion for decades. In the Assembly, Sally was a leader in passing forward-thinking laws that:
• Created the Ocean Protection Council;
• Established the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority to address sea level rise;
• Removed 10+ tons of cancer-causing particulate matter from our air each day;
• Secured funding for energy efficient ‘green’ schools throughout California.
Understanding Local Priorities
Sally Lieber began her career in public service on the Mountain View City Council, where she also served as Mayor. During her tenure as a local elected official, Sally:
• Implemented local tobacco control legislation;
• Created green energy initiatives; and
• Recruited many of California’s most successful businesses.
Advocating with Purpose
Sally continues to work tirelessly, serving our communities. Her volunteer work includes:
• Helping youth and adult offenders receive access to educational opportunities;
• Serving as part of a coalition to stop wage theft throughout the Bay Area;
• Securing permanent funding for successful teen pregnancy prevention; and
• Leading local gun violence reduction measures; and
• Working to provide humanitarian aid, helping with emergency response and taking care of the needs of children and families fleeing wars in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Paid for by Sally Lieber for State Senate 2020 (FPPC# 1406093), P.O. Box 652, Redwood City, CA 94064-0652 Contributions to this organization are not tax deductible for federal or state income tax purposes. Individuals, businesses, unions, PACs and organizations
may contribute up to a maximum of $4,400 per election. Small contributor committees may contribute a maximum of $8,800 per election.